Yoga Teacher Trainings
We offer a variety of Yoga Teacher Trainings at Soma Samadhi.
- Samadhi Power Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification
- Children's Yoga Teacher Training
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
- For more details and schedule please see Training Descriptions and Schedule below.
Samadhi Yoga Teacher Training
Our Samadhi Yoga Teacher Training is held over 4 Saturdays. In addition you receive 24 yoga classes to take at the studio at your discretion. Trainers will learn to teach both Power Vinyasa Style Yoga as well as a beginner sequence (heated or unheated).
We will also cover the Traditional Hot 26 Yoga style with a modernized, updated approach including modifications and alternate postures. Program creators Alexa and Andrew Lane have over 40 years in combined teaching experience and have been offering Yoga Teacher Trainings for over 15 years.
- Functional Anatomy & Physiology
- The keys to safe and effective yoga posture sequencing
- Modifications for all exercises and levels
- Breathing Exercises
- Meditation & Mindfulness Training
- Includes our proprietary 300 page manual containing over 70 posture breakdowns
- Hours can be applied towards our Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Certification Training.
- Next Training: Saturday Jan 19th & 26th Feb 2nd & 16th 10:00 a.m -4:30 p.m (24 classes may be used prior to training start date)
- Reg pricing - $695 - Special $495 plus tax if purchased prior to 12/31/18
- Free training in exchange for eventually teaching classes are available for a few select candidates.
- Please contact us for more information. You may register in person or online.
CHILD EVOLVE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING INTENSIVE
This teacher training intensive covers the basics on how to teach yoga safely to children. It is an abbreviated version of our Yoga Alliance Children’s Teacher Training. Curriculum is as follows:
- General background in child development and the basic concepts of exercise science for children.
- Basic Yoga Postures
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- One day workshop
- Investment: $200 plus tax
- Next Workshop: See Workshop Schedule
Yoga Alliance Teacher Training
Our 200 Hour Soma Samadhi Yoga Registered Yoga Alliance Program is designed to develop intelligent and effective teachers who will safely adapt the yoga practice to the individual needs of their students. The program is based on exercise science and kinesiology to insure that students thoroughly understand how to work with healthy individuals as well as special populations.
This Teacher Training in a combination of in-studio workshops, practice yoga classes, and in-home study. In order to attain Yoga Alliance certification students must complete the entire 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program.
For training dates and schedule please check training dates.
Our Yoga Alliance Children’s Yoga Teacher Training covers safe applications of yoga techniques and practices based upon the developing child. Students will learn a variety of yoga postures, breathing exercises, mindfulness exercises, and meditation techniques specifically designed for children. For more information on Yoga Alliance Certification requirements please see our Children's Yoga Teacher Training Page.
Soma Samadhi Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training focuses on designing safe yoga classes for pregnant women. An emphasis is on avoiding excessive weight gain, working within normal ranges of motion, reducing the risk of gestational diabetes, lowering the risk of low back pain, and preventing excessive decreases in fitness levels. Appropriate screening will also be covered to determine relative and absolute contraindications for exercise during pregnancy. For more information on individual workshops please see our PreNatal Yoga Teacher Training Page.